Dawn House is a 24-hour emergency shelter offering temporary accommodation for women and children who are experiencing a housing crisis.
We offer a safe, non judgemental, caring environment, counselling and support to help women find suitable accommodation.
We acknowledge every woman’s right to a safe, affordable living space
Dawn House is not a locked environment and there is no video surveillance here.
Women and children fleeing from abusive situations, where violence is an active consideration are referred to Kingston Interval House
Dawn House is a century-old home, on four levels and is not wheelchair accessible.
Women and children must be physically capable of climbing flights of stairs.
Other Contact Information:
Administration: Monday to Friday:613-545-9640
Our Mailing Address:
302 Victoria Street
How to get here
If you need a bed because you are homeless, please call our 24-hour crisis line: 613-545-1379
What we offer:
- Temporary shelter for up to 45 days
- Furnished room, shared with one or two other women
- Shared bathrooms
- Nutritious meals and snacks
- Welcome kit upon arrival (toiletries and personal care items)
- Access to donated clothing and household items
- Resource room with computer access for housing and employment searches and to allow residents to stay in touch with their network of friends and family
- Secure mail drop for former residents
- Secure document storage (if requested) for legal documents like birth certificates, Social Insurance Numbers or other important forms
- Staffing available at all times
- Assistance applying for Ontario Works and Ontario Disability Support Program, including discretionary funding for bus passes and Community Start-up funds
- Help to find safe, affordable housing
- Referrals to community resources
We would like to thank our sponsors for their help in the Community of Kingston Ontario.
Please go to our Sponsors Page for more information on who they are.